Department of post-diploma gynecology and obstetrics preparation was established in 2009 according to the decision of the Academic Council of the Kazakh National Medical University named after S.D.Asfendiyarov. The clinical base of the department includes:
- National Centre of obstetrics, gynecology and perinatology (NCOG&P);
- Central Clinical Hospital of the Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan President Medical Center;
- Municipal ambulance Hospital;
- Municipal Human Reproduction Center;
- Perinatological centers in different regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Head of the department – the Director of the centre (NCOG&P) is M.D., Professor Kudaibergenov T.K.
Currently there are 18 tutors working at department, 6 of them are M.D. and 4 of them are Candidates of Medical Science (CMs).
Monthly 2 times department holds a meeting with staff of the Department, to discuss current problems and issues, exchange views and suggestions.
Intern training process includes: clinical analysis, consultation, clinical rounds at clinical-diagnostic departments, workshops, thematic dissections, the development of practical skills, participation and organization of scientific and practical, pathology conferences.
Control of intern’s knowledge takes the following forms: the current (tests), the semi-annual and final attestation.